Antenatally Shrey was diagnosed to have biventricular dysfunction with cardiomegaly and pleural effusion and hence the mother underwent C-section. As a child with delayed milestones, Shrey underwent MRI which showed bilateral fronto-parietal deep white matter gliotic lesions with evidence of calcification within it; thinning of corpus callosum; global developmental delay with hypotonia. At age 2 Shrey began his journey to healing with Vasa Concept.
Shrey Madrecha before Vasa Concept
Though I was making him do all the exercises on a daily basis, I couldn’t find out why my child was not making any improvement. Were the exercises going wrong, were the medicines that he was on doing him more harm than doing good. We were in a very panicked stage of life and looking for some solution for our child when we came to know about Dr. Vasa. We were lucky enough to get her appointment soon and what a miracle, we are proud that our child is walking today and is an independent person.
Following is an account of observation made by Shrey’s parents over the years while being treated with VASA CONCEPT
Before - After Video
Videos - After Vasa Concept (playlist)
- Shrey started crawling.
- His hands started to open; he started getting grip over objects.
- Taking the support of some or the other thing Shrey started standing on his feet by himself and also started to walk.
- Shrey also started to stand on knees sometimes.
- Now he started to exercise on his own, but we still supported him a little. We were astonished to see such a drastic change in Shrey because had never seen such big change and that too so fast in any other kind of therapy he had undergone till now.
Taking the support of some or the other thing Shrey started standing on his feet by himself and also started to walk.
- Earlier his trunk used to bend forward while sitting but now he was sitting straight.
- He has started holding things properly using both his hands.
- He plays games such as arranging fruits, animals & vehicles.
- His memory power also got better; even after a month if we asked anything he used to reply.
- He identifies everybody at home, calls them by their name, he tries to talk in 2 to 3 words continuously.
- He became very active, started walking around in the house everywhere and also used to move around hopping like a frog.
- He could close as well as open the ‘Pull-Push’ door easily. He also used to take things out and keep them inside again as directed.
- He started watching cartoons on television, listen to songs, dance on the tunes. He insisted us to take him out, visit parks, play on every ride in the park.
- The left side of Shrey’s body was very weak and he also had squint in his eyes which improved to a greater extent once he started enjoying the environment around.
- He started watching poems in the computer, started reading ABCD… and 1234… He started gaining strength in his legs.
Everyday Shrey did 20-25 exercises. We give all the credit Dr. Rajul Vasa for the huge improvement that he has made. We are very much grateful to her for all the support she has given to us.
He started watching cartoons on television, listen to songs, dance on the tunes. He insisted us to take him out, visit parks, play on every ride in the park.
- By now Shrey used to do all the exercises for 8-9 hours.
- Now he himself climbs up the stairs & then himself comes down. Initially he used climb from only right side but now climbs & gets down from both the sides without any ones help.
- Initially he was very afraid of doing exercises, now he does very well & is not afraid.
- He has gained confidence that he can do whatever any other normal child can do.
- Shrey likes to wear or change new clothes when he wants to go out & likes to have lunch with everyone together.
- Shrey has become very jolly & interactive. In beginning he was not playing with other children, now he has started mingling up & plays with other children. Earlier he used to bite each and everything he got in his hand, even wooden table.
- Shrey has become very active now & can solve puzzles in 2-3 minutes which he used to solve in 10 minutes.
- In case anyone talks silly or cracks jokes or shouts at anybody, he laughs as he recognizes it.
- Initially Shrey was not able to look at one place for more than few seconds, he used to see around in case any noise was made. Now, he is able to watch T.V. continuously, can solve puzzles, can draw sleeping lines and straight lines.
- Shrey learned to do cycling in 2-3 months and did progress a lot. While cycling he moves around 1 feet space and starts searching me. He plays hide and seek while cycling.
- Now his foot has become alright because of which he is able to do many things faster.
- Shrey now meets everyone at Dr. Vasa’s center and can recognize people by name, he greets them and does many gestures and shows things properly.
- His weight has increased and can eat properly. Initially he used to take time to eat, now he eats fast. He drinks water also properly. His episodes of cough cold have also decreased.
- Now Shrey has started walking, he can take 3-4 steps by himself and can open main door also.
- He himself can dip chapattis in vegetables and can eat. Dry things he can eat properly & he likes it the most.
- Shrey can remove his own clothes & can also bath on his own with little help. Over all many changes are visible to her in terms of his development; physically as well as mentally.
Shrey has become very jolly & interactive. In beginning he was not playing with other children, now he has started mingling up & plays with other children. Earlier he used to bite each and everything he got in his hand, even wooden table.
- His hip size is increased compared to before.
- Grip between the fingers in picking up the things is better. He also puts proper pressure while holding the pen while writing.
- He also makes gesture in the morning that he wants to do potty and bath. He does the color matching and identifies alphabets and numbers much better.
- His study level is also improving.
- He tries to throw the ball with his left hand and he can release his hand grip now which previously was not possible.
- He can segregate the chana, peanut, rajma separately.
- His emotional understanding has improved a lot. When his father was out for 3 days, he was disturbed.
- His speed of doing exercises, as well as understanding has improved.
- He tries to see the books, listen story, listen poem, play computer games, racing games. Previously his concentration was not so much as compared to now.
- If someone teases him during exercise and activities, he becomes very angry and starts to fight.
- His speech level has dramatically improved. When in good mood he tries to speak gaaaa, kaka, hiii, mummy, etc. He is very cheerful in all the activities. This was also one of our worries to which we have an answer now. Now we are confident that one day he is going to talk.
- His balance has improved while walking. He can take 10 steps independently walking without any support. He gets up from the sofa in the hall and walks till the door if someone rings the bell on the main door.
- He drinks the water from straw.
His speech level has dramatically improved. When in good mood he tries to speak gaaaa, kaka, hiii, mummy, etc. He is very cheerful in all the activities. This was also one of our worries to which we have an answer now. Now we are confident that one day he is going to talk.
- Shrey’s communication with his sister and brother has improved. He enjoys playing on swing, cycling, playing cricket, etc.
- He also enjoys daily activities like brushing teeth in morning and evening, breakfast, dinner, playing dholak, harmonium, etc.
- Shrey enjoys bath for about 45 minutes to an hour daily with hot water and shower. He also removes his clothes himself before going for shower.
- He comes to know when his father is about to leave for office and cries a lot asking him not to go or making gestures that he also wants to come.
- Shrey’s hands and eye coordination has also improved a lot.
- Shrey’s distance between two nipples has increased due to development of lungs from 5.1 Inch before to now at 5.5 Inches.
- His right leg also now he is keeping straight compare to before when it used to go into recurvatum.
- He has started sitting two hours in school peacefully. He follow the command of teacher . He also does the wooden block puzzle in class.
- Shrey’s legs muscles size is improved and his walking is also better comparatively.
- Shrey speaks aaja, aa gaya , muma , aana , haaa etc.
- Shrey capacity has improved in blowing air.
- Shrey while playing with computer clicks the mouse for 10 minutes.
- Shrey would like to connect with people and explain the communication for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shrey sits well in school for 2 hours and does coloring , poem , playing etc as per teacher’s instructions.
- We need to start the play first for Shrey and then he starts playing.
- Shrey likes to stay out of home and does not cooperate when he comes from school.
- He has started doing eye contact while talking and can react himself.
- After getting up in the morning he comes out of his bed and opens the door and starts his routine and does not wait for us.
- He goes in water for swim and walk without any help in water . He is trying to do without floats. He turns 365 degree some time if pressure is more.
- Anything we speak to him he reacts very well and try to follow te same if he wants to do the things like go to kitchen bring this or need to go down for play or even in play. He reacts in seconds.
- He does slope walking very well and keep his hands like a normal person walking.
Shrey got lots of help and love from Rajul madam and her team. He becomes happy on every Sunday as all of us meet at center as family members. They all are giving him love. So much change has come in Shrey that no one can tell he was such a problem child. Now Dr. Rajul Vasa has also told us he is not C.P. child anymore and soon he will be able to walk and go to school like other normal children.
According to what I have personally experienced, the doctors world over have been treating the various problems of children separately. Somebody is treating epileptic attacks, somebody else is treating contractures, somebody is treating foot drop, somebody is treating constipation, etc, etc, so overall everybody is interested in maintaining the queue in their waiting rooms and then we need not guess what happens to the child. Nowadays even after charging high fees, doctors do not pay enough attention towards their patients. I personally feel that every child visiting Dr. Rajul Vasa is very lucky and definitely finds change which around ten ten years u will not find with any other therapy. Today every child visiting Dr. Vasa is very happy and so are their parents.
Shrey is improving day by day and our efforts are being rewarded, complete credit goes to Dr. Rajul Vasa. It would have been very difficult for us to walk through this path of life without Rajul madam.
Dr. Vasa motivated us and we went on doing exactly what she said and have reached till here and we are sure we will achieve our destination soon.
I will pray God that all children in the world get better through Dr. Rajul Vasa madam and flourish.
The most beautiful garden in the world will be of “Dr. Rajul Vasa” Madam.
Shrey enjoys bath for about 45 minutes to an hour daily with hot water and shower. He also removes his clothes himself before going for shower.
- Shrey’s speech has improved and he tries to speak up a lot and enjoys babbling.
- It has been noticed that whenever he is excited and happy he tries to speak up.
- Shrey’s thumb and index finger grip is much better when holding pencil, sketch pen, etc.
- Shrey can identify letters in a word like A,B,C,D and points it out in books.
- Eye and Hand coordination is improved with focus on everything.
- Shrey’s tongue movement is much better than before.
- Shrey does his activities of daily living like eating food, drinking water and removing clothes all by himself.
- Shrey’s cycling has improved.
- Shrey has gained weight, grown tall and muscle bulk is improving.
- Shrey’s walking is better than earlier with speed.
- Shrey enjoys swimming and learning the same.
- He gets up early morning 6.30 a.m., meets all family members and greets them personally. He likes to go to drop his brother and sister to their bus stop.
- All his exercises he is doing well and doing all the activities.
- Shrey is also progressing in his studies. Now he is quickly pointing and matching the numbers and letters on his own.
- Shrey now lets us know by his gestures that his body is hurting when we lift him in our arms. If we hold him also he makes gestures telling us that he is not comfortable!
- Nowadays he reacts with actions and gives angry looks sometimes.
- In the month of July Shrey got fever for two days but no sign of cold and cough.
- In July, Shrey tried to speak word Aunty and speech was improved compared to previous month.
- Shrey follows and reacts to two-step commands like Book; give it to Didi or ball; keep in tub.
- Shrey does daily 2 hours sitting at one place and tries to do activities and study. If he is not doing any activity, he sees to it that we sit with him. He can sit at one place for studies for 2 to 3 hours and he enjoys this.
- Shrey’s finger grip is becoming normal and he eats fruits and his food with the help of fork and spoon comfortably.
- His sleep is also increased and we do not disturb him.
- His focusing is much better than before.
- He always gives his father a smile when he comes home from office and asks him to change his clothes so that he doesn’t leave home again once he is inside.
- Shrey enjoys his bath in morning for almost half an hour in tub. After having his breakfast he goes for cycling in building compound.
- Shrey’s communication is improving day by day. He conveys us with his gestures what he wants, what he does not want and what he likes and enjoys.
- Shrey’s walking on slope is better than before.
- Shrey does the exercise of not allowing himself to fall in soap water, but he cries for whole 15 minutes until the exercise is being done.
- Shrey enjoys cycling and all activities like playing games and goes in garden everyday for an hour.
- Shrey now attempts to have a running race with other children at home and in school.
- Shrey listens to music, tablaa and harmonium but he does not play them himself.
- In December, Shrey went to Udaipur with other cousins and enjoyed for a week going to lakes, gardens, and doing boating. He was very cheerful and all relatives could see this major change as he visits them frequently. Shrey did not want to come back to Mumbai as he was more comfortable there surrounded with lots of people.
- Shrey’s understanding is improving day by day. He can correlate the things and explain his views on the same. If we are discussing with Vidhi (his sister) anything, Shrey too explains through his gestures his views on the same. (For eg: visiting any place etc.)
- Shrey wakes up early morning at 6 a.m.
- Shrey is very cheerful at school and plays with children.
- Shrey does well with cycling, walking on slope etc.
- Shrey eats on time and sleeps on time. He gets good sleep now.
- Shrey enjoys going to school every day. He is notorious in school and does not fear his teacher. His teacher is very happy with his last 6 months’ progress.
- Shrey is getting intelligent day by day. When I told him that I will not prepare breakfast for him and he will have to eat breakfast in a hotel, he immediately reacted asking for some money. When asked why he needs money, he made gestures conveying that he wants money to make payment at the hotel!!
- His communication is better than before, he expresses his needs better and he now harasses us until he gets his work done like taking him to the play ground, to the garden for cycling and playing.
- Shrey sits properly in school and is attentive. He is enjoying going to school and playing with other children.
- He is doing all his exercises very well.
- Intelligence – Shrey understands exactly what we are talking when he is around like when we say today is Friday; he understands it is last day of school for the week. When we say today is Sunday, he understands that today is the day to go to see Rajul madam and he tells us with gestures that he is ready to go to see madam.
- He responds to verbal commands very well now. He answers correctly to the questions asked by the teachers about the alphabets, pictures, and numbers in the exams.
- His memory has become sharp. He is now able to play game on the tablet. He remembers the shopping mall, if we take him to the same mall for the second time.
- Shrey now behaves nicely with other children when they come home or at garden. He enjoys playing with other children.
Shrey Madrecha History
I pray to God that may Dr. Rajul’s garden of good thoughts blossom and remain fragrant with profuse success! And let many more Shreys’ lives be worthwhile examples!